We are NADCA certified Air Quality Specialists . Contact us for cleaning and disinfectant applications. Especially now with the Coronavirus pandemic
Air duct cleaning and sanitizing will remove unwanted dust along with micro organisms including mold spores, bacteria and viruses. All disinfecting products that we use EPA and CDC approved and found effective against human coronavirus Covid-19. UVC in duct disinfection units also available for residential and commercial facility in Wood Dale Illinois.
Proper maintenance of your air ducts is a vital part of a home’s upkeep. It’s important to periodically check the condition of your air ducts to see if they need cleaning.
Consider having them cleaned if:
- You see mold growth inside hard-surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Your air ducts are infested with vermin such as rodents or insects.
- Your air ducts are clogged with large amounts of dust and debris.
- You think duct cleaning might be a good idea for your home, talk to TNR. Our experts use professional equipment to clean your air ducts thoroughly and keep your air system running smoothly.
Air duct components that are not properly installed, maintained, or operated may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris.
To maintain clean air ducts:
- Change air filters based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Vacuum regularly to help reduce pet dander, dirt, and debris.
- Get your carpets and hard-surface floors professionally cleaned regularly.
Wood Dale air duct cleaning negative air method and how its done
1. We arrive at your home or business fully uniformed and equipped with truck or trailer mounted gas powered cleaning systems that guarantees strong vacuum pressure all through out the system plus there will be no dust filtered through out your home at the time of cleaning.
2. Before any work is done we do complete system inspection first then we will provide you with complete report and a quote and explain in detail how we will clean your air duct system or air handling unit.
3. Our tools and air line are brought inside your home, average set up time from 20 to 45 min.
4. We cycle the furnace on and off to be sure it is working properly before working on the system.
5. If duct system has access panels from previous professional cleaning we will re use those , if there isn’t any access we will cut an access panel in the supply and return duct then we attach our hose that is connected to the gas powered vacuum outside. (Access panels are sealed after cleaning is complete.)
6. The evaporator coil is protected with a covering or sheet metal blank in order to prevent any debris or dust getting on the ac coil.
7. The filter is removed and a piece of sheet metal blank is inserted to increase suction and prevent debris from passing into the blower motor or any air handling parts of the unit.
8. The supply registers will be blocked and opened one a the time in order to route vacuum flow to this particular vent at that time, then vent cover is removed and entire vent line gets agitated with truck mounted wiper whip system.
9. Our flexible rod system with specialized whips is inserted into your vent openings to blast off any dust and debris on the inside of the branch ducts, all the way to the main ducts downstairs.
10. One-inch holes are drilled into the main duct system so we can insert our flexible rods inside the ducts. Using larger whips (up to 28 inches long) we agitate the main duct until no more dust and debris is left ones cleaning is completed this holes are plugged with certified air leak resistant plugs.
11. The process is repeated for the cold air return ducts and all of the parts of the air duct system A to Z.
12. The evaporator coil cover is removed and the coil is cleaned. The condensate drip pan is cleaned at the same time. (A dirty coil is 20% less efficient).*Done on as needed basis
13. The blower and blower compartment is cleaned.*Done on as needed basis The blower door is cleaned and replaced as well as the top furnace door.
14. The 10 inch holes are covered with a 12 inch sheet metal plate and screwed in place with sheet metal screws. Finally, metal foil tape is placed on the edges of the plate to prevent air loss. (Our goal is to increase the efficiency of your furnace not make it worse with air leaks).
15. All 1 inch holes are plugged with silver or black air tight plugs.
16. The sheet metal blank is removed and if available a new filter is replaced in the filter area.
17. We cycle the furnace on to be sure everything runs properly.
18. A sticker with our phone number is placed near the filter so you can see when the service was done and when it will be due in the future.
19. We clean up after ourselves and take up our hoses, tools and tarps and stow them in the truck.
20. We thank you for having Top Notch restore your air duct system so you can really breathe easier with clean ducts
Unfortunately, many homeowners neglect cleaning the air ducts in their homes. These important components of the home’s heating and cooling system will, over time, accumulate a build-up of dust and other household debris. Whenever regular yearly HVAC maintenance is done, it’s important that you have the air ducts cleaned as well.
Has it been years since you’ve had the air ducts in your Wood Dale home cleaned? If so, then it might be high time to consider having that done sooner rather than later. HVAC systems significantly impact the quality of air in your entire household, and any lack of maintenance can severely affect the health of the people living in your home — particularly people that have respiratory problems or allergies. The problems are even worse during the colder months, when opening the doors and windows is not exactly an option.
Here are the top three reasons why you should have your Wood Dale air ducts cleaned
Mold Can Form Inside the Air Ducts
You may not realize it, but a lot of moisture is collected inside the air ducts, which can easily lead to mold forming inside the air ducts. The spores from the molds contaminate the air in your Wood Dale home, which can lead to allergic reactions in your family members and pets alike. The most common symptoms of mold allergies include shortness of breath, wheezing sound while breathing, and excess mucus.
Rodents and Insects Can Find Their Way Inside the Ducts
If the network of air ducts in your Wood Dale home is particularly large, then it’s possible that rodents and insects could actually start living in it. This poses a serious problem, because particles from their fecal matter can be spread throughout the air in your home. You’ll want to keep these uninvited guests away from your HVAC ducts at all costs.
Dust Deposits can Block the Inside of the Ducts
Have you noticed large dust deposits inside the ductwork of the HVAC system in your Wood Dale home? Be wary — these deposits can do a lot more than just clog up the HVAC system. This dust build-up may contain as many as 250 different allergens, or even more in some cases. It’s best that you have that have your air ducts cleaned regularly to avoid this problem.
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
When cleaning the air ducts, a company will usually start with the cool air intake vents. All of the vents in the home will be sealed, usually with a magnetic strip that will cling and help to seal the system. This allows for the most effective suction. Most companies will use a truck-mounted vacuum system that has very powerful suction. Once the hoses are in place, and the entire system is sealed, the vacuum will be turned on. Sometimes, air will be blown in first to loosen up any deposits of debris. The vacuum will then be used to suck out all of the dust and debris from the ductwork.
In some cases, small holes will be temporarily made in the basement ductwork to allow small tools to be inserted. This will allow for the dust to be sucked up easier by the vacuum system. Then, the furnace and air conditioner coils will be cleaned. All access panels and small holes will be sealed back up, and the system will be clean and ready to go.
Looking for an Air Duct Cleaning Service in Wood Dale, Illinois?
If you are looking for an air duct cleaning service in Wood Dale, or if you have any questions related to the air duct cleaning process, the experts at Top Notch Restoration are here to help. Please feel free to contact us today!