We are NADCA certified Air Quality Specialists . Contact us for cleaning and disinfectant applications. Especially now with the Coronavirus pandemic
Air duct cleaning and sanitizing will remove unwanted dust along with micro organisms including mold spores, bacteria and viruses. All disinfecting products that we use EPA and CDC approved and found effective against human coronavirus Covid-19. UVC in duct disinfection units also available for residential and commercial facility.
Proper maintenance of your air ducts is a vital part of a home’s upkeep. It’s important to periodically check the condition of your air ducts to see if they need cleaning.
Consider having them cleaned if:
- You see mold growth inside hard-surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Your air ducts are infested with vermin such as rodents or insects.
- Your air ducts are clogged with large amounts of dust and debris.
- You think duct cleaning might be a good idea for your home, talk to TNR. Our experts use professional equipment to clean your air ducts thoroughly and keep your air system running smoothly.
Air duct components that are not properly installed, maintained, or operated may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris.
To maintain clean air ducts:
- Change air filters based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Vacuum regularly to help reduce pet dander, dirt, and debris.
- Get your carpets and hard-surface floors professionally cleaned regularly.
Western Springs residential NADCA negative air method and how its done
1. We arrive at your home or business fully uniformed and equipped with truck or trailer mounted gas powered cleaning systems that guarantees strong vacuum pressure all through out the system plus there will be no dust filtered through out your home at the time of cleaning.
2. Before any work is done we do complete system inspection first then we will provide you with complete report and a quote and explain in detail how we will clean your air duct system or air handling unit.
3. Our tools and air line are brought inside your home, average set up time from 20 to 45 min.
4. We cycle the furnace on and off to be sure it is working properly before working on the system.
5. If duct system has access panels from previous professional cleaning we will re use those , if there isn’t any access we will cut an access panel in the supply and return duct then we attach our hose that is connected to the gas powered vacuum outside. (Access panels are sealed after cleaning is complete.)
6. The evaporator coil is protected with a covering or sheet metal blank in order to prevent any debris or dust getting on the ac coil.
7. The filter is removed and a piece of sheet metal blank is inserted to increase suction and prevent debris from passing into the blower motor or any air handling parts of the unit.
8. The supply registers will be blocked and opened one a the time in order to route vacuum flow to this particular vent at that time, then vent cover is removed and entire vent line gets agitated with truck mounted wiper whip system.
9. Our flexible rod system with specialized whips is inserted into your vent openings to blast off any dust and debris on the inside of the branch ducts, all the way to the main ducts downstairs.
10. One-inch holes are drilled into the main duct system so we can insert our flexible rods inside the ducts. Using larger whips (up to 28 inches long) we agitate the main duct until no more dust and debris is left ones cleaning is completed this holes are plugged with certified air leak resistant plugs.
11. The process is repeated for the cold air return ducts and all of the parts of the air duct system A to Z.
12. The evaporator coil cover is removed and the coil is cleaned. The condensate drip pan is cleaned at the same time. (A dirty coil is 20% less efficient).*Done on as needed basis
13. The blower and blower compartment is cleaned.*Done on as needed basis The blower door is cleaned and replaced as well as the top furnace door.
14. The 10 inch holes are covered with a 12 inch sheet metal plate and screwed in place with sheet metal screws. Finally, metal foil tape is placed on the edges of the plate to prevent air loss. (Our goal is to increase the efficiency of your furnace not make it worse with air leaks).
15. All 1 inch holes are plugged with silver or black air tight plugs.
16. The sheet metal blank is removed and if available a new filter is replaced in the filter area.
17. We cycle the furnace on to be sure everything runs properly.
18. A sticker with our phone number is placed near the filter so you can see when the service was done and when it will be due in the future.
19. We clean up after ourselves and take up our hoses, tools and tarps and stow them in the truck.
20. We thank you for having Top Notch restore your air duct system so you can really breathe easier with clean ducts
The Benefits of Regular Air Duct Cleaning: Insights from a Western Springs Air Duct Cleaning and Sanitation Company
More and more homeowners in Western Springs, Illinois, are now becoming aware of the hazardous effects of air pollution. This is exactly why they try to make their indoor air as safe and as clean as possible through filtration and regular air duct cleaning. Regular air duct maintenance eliminates common pollutants, like dust and other contaminants, that get can accumulate in a home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your indoor home environment, it’s crucial that you add air duct cleaning to your regular home cleaning routine.
The Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning in Western Springs
Keeping your air ducts as dirt and dust-free as possible can help make the home safer for your family members. The air ducts are a major collector of mold, dust, pet dander, pollen, and various other allergens. Over time, these allergens accumulate and are blown out through the ducts for people to breathe in. This can lead to severe health complications for your family, especially those suffering from respiratory illnesses and diseases like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, etc. Cleaning your air ducts also means that the home will no longer have a musty smell created by mold, dust, and dirt.
Another benefit to regular cleanings is that it allows the air ducts to function more efficiently. Dirt and debris can hinder the functioning of your air ducts, and it can also cause your energy usage to spike. In fact, the United States Environmental Protection Agency mentions that a typical homeowner can save as much as 21% in energy costs if they have their air ducts cleaned regularly.
Air Duct Cleaning Process
Air duct cleaning is a hassle-free process that entails:
Initial Stage: Before you begin cleaning the air ducts, the air vents should be covered with plastic bags. These bags will catch the dust that may come from the duct cleaning. Plus, it determines whether or not the duct cleaning machine’s suction works well. Your Western Springs air duct cleaning service provider will then run a vacuum tube through the HVAC system, and a high-powered unit will remove all dirt particles and suction them out of the ducts and coils.
Cleaning Stage: Next, a spinning brush attachment is utilized to push through the air ducts to get rid of any remaining dust particles. Through the years, a number of foreign objects can find their ways into the vent ducts and get stuck. These objects hamper the overall productivity and efficiency of any cooling and heating system. Some air duct cleaning service providers use a scoping camera to look for these blockages to have them ultimately removed. In some cases, the air ducts may be temporarily dismantled (if possible) for further removal of blockages that are severe.
Final Stage: After cleaning the air ducts, removing the blockages, disconnecting the vacuum from the HVAC system, and removing the plastic bags from the vents, the duct cleaning process will be complete. Any of the air ducts that were taken apart will be put back together to ensure that they are all airtight. Lastly, they will be sanitized by fogging with a sanitizing solution, and the process will be complete.
Looking for Professional Residential Air Duct Cleaning Services in Western Springs, Illinois?
At Top Notch Restoration, we offer professional air duct cleaning and sanitizing services to homeowners throughout Western Springs, Illinois and beyond. All disinfecting products that we use are EPA and CDC approved. To learn more about our air duct cleaning services, or to request a free quote, contact us today!