We are NADCA certified Air Quality Specialists . Contact us for cleaning and disinfectant applications. Especially now with the Coronavirus pandemic
Air duct cleaning and sanitizing will remove unwanted dust along with micro organisms including mold spores, bacteria and viruses. All disinfecting products that we use EPA and CDC approved and found effective against human coronavirus Covid-19. UVC in duct disinfection units also available for residential and commercial facility.
Proper maintenance of your air ducts is a vital part of a home’s upkeep. It’s important to periodically check the condition of your air ducts to see if they need cleaning.
Consider having them cleaned if:
- You see mold growth inside hard-surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system.
- Your air ducts are infested with vermin such as rodents or insects.
- Your air ducts are clogged with large amounts of dust and debris.
- You think duct cleaning might be a good idea for your home, talk to TNR. Our experts use professional equipment to clean your air ducts thoroughly and keep your air system running smoothly.
Air duct components that are not properly installed, maintained, or operated may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris.
To maintain clean air ducts:
- Change air filters based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Vacuum regularly to help reduce pet dander, dirt, and debris.
- Get your carpets and hard-surface floors professionally cleaned regularly.
Clarendon Hills residential negative air method and how its done
1. We arrive at your home or business fully uniformed and equipped with truck or trailer mounted gas powered cleaning systems that guarantees strong vacuum pressure all through out the system plus there will be no dust filtered through out your home at the time of cleaning.
2. Before any work is done we do complete system inspection first then we will provide you with complete report and a quote and explain in detail how we will clean your air duct system or air handling unit.
3. Our tools and air line are brought inside your home, average set up time from 20 to 45 min.
4. We cycle the furnace on and off to be sure it is working properly before working on the system.
5. If duct system has access panels from previous professional cleaning we will re use those , if there isn’t any access we will cut an access panel in the supply and return duct then we attach our hose that is connected to the gas powered vacuum outside. (Access panels are sealed after cleaning is complete.)
6. The evaporator coil is protected with a covering or sheet metal blank in order to prevent any debris or dust getting on the ac coil.
7. The filter is removed and a piece of sheet metal blank is inserted to increase suction and prevent debris from passing into the blower motor or any air handling parts of the unit.
8. The supply registers will be blocked and opened one a the time in order to route vacuum flow to this particular vent at that time, then vent cover is removed and entire vent line gets agitated with truck mounted wiper whip system.
9. Our flexible rod system with specialized whips is inserted into your vent openings to blast off any dust and debris on the inside of the branch ducts, all the way to the main ducts downstairs.
10. One-inch holes are drilled into the main duct system so we can insert our flexible rods inside the ducts. Using larger whips (up to 28 inches long) we agitate the main duct until no more dust and debris is left ones cleaning is completed this holes are plugged with certified air leak resistant plugs.
11. The process is repeated for the cold air return ducts and all of the parts of the air duct system A to Z.
12. The evaporator coil cover is removed and the coil is cleaned. The condensate drip pan is cleaned at the same time. (A dirty coil is 20% less efficient).*Done on as needed basis
13. The blower and blower compartment is cleaned.*Done on as needed basis The blower door is cleaned and replaced as well as the top furnace door.
14. The 10 inch holes are covered with a 12 inch sheet metal plate and screwed in place with sheet metal screws. Finally, metal foil tape is placed on the edges of the plate to prevent air loss. (Our goal is to increase the efficiency of your furnace not make it worse with air leaks).
15. All 1 inch holes are plugged with silver or black air tight plugs.
16. The sheet metal blank is removed and if available a new filter is replaced in the filter area.
17. We cycle the furnace on to be sure everything runs properly.
18. A sticker with our phone number is placed near the filter so you can see when the service was done and when it will be due in the future.
19. We clean up after ourselves and take up our hoses, tools and tarps and stow them in the truck.
20. We thank you for having Top Notch restore your air duct system so you can really breathe easier with clean ducts
Can a Simple Air Duct Cleaning Help with Your Allergy Problems? Insights from a Clarendon Hills Air Duct Cleaning Company
One of the best ways to help relieve allergies is to keep the air inside your home in Clarendon Hills clean and fresh. Changing out the air filters is not always enough — dirt, dust, bacteria, and mold can linger inside your air ducts, then get recirculated throughout the home as the HVAC system runs. This contaminates the air you breathe, which can trigger allergic reactions.
So, how can you make the air inside your home as clean and as breathable as possible? With a simple air duct cleaning, that can happen. Without further ado, here are the benefits of hiring a professional air duct cleaning company in Clarendon Hills, Illinois:
Clean Air Ducts May Prevent Allergies
Allergies can be triggered by allergens like mold, dander, pollen, dust mites, insect remains, or any other material that can break down into tiny fragments. These allergens often enter your home and get circulated through your HVAC system, eventually settling inside your air duct system.
Helps Avoid Nasal Congestion
Nasal congestion — more commonly known as a “stuffy nose” — is not only irritating, but it’s also potentially severe. For children, it can result in a laundry list of problems with hearing and speech development. If your nasal congestion is related to allergies, you can help alleviate it by having your air ducts cleaned.
Eye Irritation is No Longer a Problem
If you frequently have red eyes, itchy eyes, dry eyes, or swollen eyes, the problem could be caused by allergy-based issues. Having your air ducts cleaned on a regular basis can help you keep your eyes feeling fresh all the time.
Helps Alleviate Sinus Problems
Sinuses are affected by allergic reactions, and they are often characterized by a headache, runny nose, and pressure near the forehead. If you are dealing with sinus issues, unfiltered indoor air could be the reason. Keeping your home’s air ducts clean and dust-free can help you avoid allergy triggers and, to that extent, sinus problems.
Keeping Air Ducts Clean May Reduce Asthma Symptoms
As reported by the World Health Organization, approximately 70% of people with asthma also have allergies. Asthma can be acute or chronic, and there are different causes for it. Either way, keeping your indoor air fresh and dust-free can significantly reduce the likelihood of an asthma attack that is triggered by allergens.
Migraines Eased by Clean Air Ducts
Migraines are generally more severe than sinus issues, and they can be caused by a number of different factors. An allergic reaction can lead to the release of an organic nitrogenous compound known as “histamine,” which can cause or worsen your migraine symptoms.
Cleaner Air May Avert Bronchitis Attacks
Like asthma, bronchitis is different in everyone and can be considered either chronic or acute. Keeping indoor air clean and fresh is one way to keep bronchitis attacks at bay.
Clean Air Ducts Help Remove Cigarette Odors
Removing cigarette odors from your home can be a tricky and tedious process. Thankfully, regular air duct cleaning can help get rid of the smell, and also improve the air quality inside your home.
Looking for an Air Duct Cleaning Service in Clarendon Hills, Illinois?
If you are suffering from any of the allergy-related issues mentioned above, a professional air duct cleaning can help give you relief. If you are looking for an air duct cleaning service in Clarendon Hills, or if you have any questions related to the air duct cleaning process, the experts at Top Notch Restoration are here to help. Please feel free to contact us today!